Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Homecoming queen gives crown to bullied friend



By Ben Russell

A homecoming queen in Texas is a real class act, giving up her crown to a friend who was pranked by classmates. Lillian Skinner, 17, was beyond excited to learn she had been nominated for homecoming queen at Grand Prairie High School, but was devastated to learn it was nothing more than a cruel prank cooked up by classmates. Two friends, Anahi Alvarez and Naomi Martinez, came up with a way to make sure Skinner got her chance to shine.


The girls agreed to pass on the crown to Skinner should either of them win. When Alvarez was named queen, she called Skinner over and told her the crown was hers. Skinner was in disbelief.
"Seeing the look on her face and the way she reacted toward it, it was priceless," Martinez told Dallas TV station KXAS. "I knew it was the right decision."


Alvarez agreed, and said she'd do it all again in a heartbeat. "Well, for me, I want to say, and I always say, 'Lilly won. I just ran in her place, in her position,'" Alvarez said. "When they ask me, 'Were you homecoming queen?' I say, 'No, Lilly is homecoming queen.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment